Some laptops have two video cards: the simple one which allows you to browse web and watch videos, and the high-performance one which is enabled every time you launch 3D application.
Usually a simple video card is Intel and an additional 3D card is Geforce or Radeon.
If your laptop has exactly two cards, then you may switch between them to play War Thunder smoothly.
For Nvidia Geforce:
Please, go to Nvidia control panel and set default graphics card as high-performance as shown at the screenshot
- Click on ‘Start’
- Click on ‘Programs’
- Click on ‘Catalyst Control Center’
- Click on ‘Power’
- Select ‘Switchable Graphics’
- Choose an application from the list or browse and select an application and assign the appropriate GPU such as High Performance, Power Saving
- To assign any specific application, you can click on ‘Browse’ and look in the specific folder for .exe file (aces.exe file is located in the game installation folder)
- Click on 'High Performance' under 'Recent Applications' to change association