In order to perform a clean boot and disable the processes that are running in the background, please follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Windows button and R keys at the same time. The Run dialog box will appear.
- Type MSCONFIG and click OK. This should open the System Configuration Utility window.
- Click on the Services tab and check the Hide All Microsoft Services checkbox near the bottom. Do not continue unless the box is checked.
- Click Disable All.
- Go to the Startup tab and click Disable All.
- Click OK and restart your computer.
Restart the computer.
- If you see the login window, press the Shift key while you click the Log In button, and then release the Shift key when you see the Dock.
- If you don’t see the login window, start your computer, hold down the Shift key when you see the progress bar in the startup window, and then release the Shift key after your desktop appears.