In order to disable the unnecessary processes that are running in the background, do the following:
- Press and hold the Windows button and R keys at the same time. The Run dialog box will open.
- Type MSCONFIG and click OK. This should open the System Configuration Utility window.
- Click on the Services tab and check the Hide All Microsoft Services checkbox near the bottom. Do not continue unless the box is checked. Click Disable All.
- Go to the Startup tab and click Disable All.
- Click OK and restart your computer.