- ▫️ 1. Can I play Modern Warships without internet?
- ▫️ 2. How do I friend a player?
- ▫️ 3. Why can't I be added as a friend?
- ▫️ 4. How do I prohibit incoming squad invitations?
- ▫️ 5. How to block incoming friendship requests?
- ▫️ 6. What is a custom game and how can I create one?
- ▫️ 7. How do I join another player's room?
- ▫️ 8. What is a blacklist and how to add a player to the blacklist?
- ▫️ 9. How to remove a player from the black list?
- ▫️ 10. How do I create a squad and invite players?
- ▫️ 11. How do I play in my squad using voice communication?
- ▫️ 12. What are the limitations of the squad?
- ▫️ 13. What game modes are available and how do I choose the game mode?
- ▫️ 14. At what level is the online game available?
- ▫️ 15. What do I get if I already have a ship which is given out in daily rewards or Battle Pass?
- ▫️ 16. Why isn't there an award in a Custom Game?
- ▫️ 17. What are “likes” and how do I get them?
- ▫️ 18. I have "Tier 2", why do I hit against "Tier 3"?
▫️ 1. Can I play Modern Warships without internet?
No, a stable internet connection is required for all game modes.
▫️ 2. How do I friend a player?
There are a few options how you can add a player as a friend:
- When in the chat room you should click on the player, a tab will pop up with the button "Add to friends".
-When you are in the main screen, click on your nickname at the top left of the screen, then click on the "Friends" button, go to the tab "Add friends" and enter a unique player ID in the search box.
▫️ 3. Why can't I be added as a friend?
Make sure you have not turned off this function in settings, or you have reached your friend request limit.
▫️ 4. How do I prohibit incoming squad invitations?
Go to "Settings", tab "Game", at the end of the list there is a toggle called “Deny Incoming Squad Invitations”.
▫️ 5. How to block incoming friendship requests?
Go to "Settings", tab "Game", there is a toggle near the end of the list called “Deny Incoming Friendship Requests”.
▫️ 6. What is a custom game and how can I create one?
6.1 A custom game is a mode where any player can create their own battles and, given a unique room number, can invite anyone to join the game. The minimum number of players is 1 against 1, and the maximum is 5 against 5. The room creator assigns players to teams.
6.2 In order to create your own game click on the arrow button next to the battle button, click on "Custom Game", choose the desired map and click on "Create".
▫️ 7. How do I join another player's room?
Players will usually post their room numbers in the chat room. It's enough to remember this number, exit the chat room, click the "Arrow button" to the right of the "Battle" button, go to "Custom Game" and on the right side there will be an input field where you have to enter the Game ID that was posted.
▫️ 8. What is a blacklist and how to add a player to the blacklist?
8.1 Blacklisting is a way for you to "lock" players whose messages you do not want to see in the chat. Blocking a player does not affect the player in any way, but their messages will not show up on your console.
8.2 While in the chat room you should click on the player you want to "block" and select the function "Add to blacklist".
▫️ 9. How to remove a player from the black list?
In order to remove a player from the blacklist you should go to the "Settings", "Account" tab and find the blacklist. Clicking on it you will open the list of all the "blocked" players.
▫️ 10. How do I create a squad and invite players?
There are several ways to create a squad:
- when in the main screen, click on the squadron button which is shown by an icon with 3 people on it, and a + next to it, under the nickname of the player on the top left. You will be taken to a menu where a window of your squadron and a list of all friends will be displayed. Click on a friend to invite them into your squad.
- When you are in the chat room you can click on a player and then click on "Invite to the squad" in the window that pops up.
▫️ 11. How do I play in my squad using voice communication?
To be able to use the microphone in the squad it is necessary to go to "Settings", to the tab "Game" and turn on the toggle switch "Allow to use a microphone". This operation must be performed by all members of the squad.
▫️ 12. What are the limitations of the squad?
A squad can have a minimum of 2 players and a maximum of 5. Also, no more than one aircraft carrier or two submarines of the same type may be assembled in a squad.
▫️ 13. What game modes are available and how do I choose the game mode?
13.1 There are currently 4 game modes in the game, and all game modes require a stable internet connection:
- Offline with bots
- Internet game with live players (Quick Game)
- Squad wars - online battles, only for squads
- Custom game - In this mode, you can create a room with a unique number, and invite other players there by sending them that number. Often used for testing equipment and holding tournaments. In this mode, receiving rewards is disabled.
13.2 Currently there are two modes available to play in squads - Quick Game and Squadron Wars .
13.3 In Quick Game mode, your squad will take part in full-fledged 5v5 battle. If your squad has less than 5 players, your allies will be other players or bots.
13.4 In Squadron Wars, your squad will come up against a similarly sized enemy squad. In this mode, battles can take place in 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 and 5v5.
13.5 Depending on the number of your squad members, you will be able to play in different modes:
- 2 members squad - Quick Game + Squadron Wars
- 3 members squad - Quick Game + Squadron Wars
- 4 members squad - Squadron Wars only
- 5 members squad - Squadron Wars only
13.6 In order to select the desired mode of play you can click on the "list button", which is located to the right of the "Battle".
▫️ 14. At what level is the online game available?
Online mode with real players is available from about level 5, when the player gains the necessary level of skill to go into battle.
▫️ 15. What do I get if I already have a ship which is given out in daily rewards or Battle Pass?
The player will receive a compensation in game currency, equivalent to the full cost of the ship in the shop.
▫️ 16. Why isn't there an award in a Custom Game?
The in-game awards are turned off, in order to avoid damage sharing and getting "extra" rewards.
▫️ 17. What are “likes” and how do I get them?
17.1 "Likes" has been introduced as a system to "reward" players for fighting.
17.2 You can only use "Likes" when you're online and participating in a random battle.
17.3 You cannot "Like" players in your squadron.
17.4 You can only get one "Like" per battle.
17.5 To give a "Like", you have to wait until the battle is over, either by kills or by time.
17.6. There is a ranking of likes in the game, to view it click on your nickname in the main screen, go to the tab "Ranking", "Best players by ranking".
▫️ 18. I have "Tier 2", why do I hit against "Tier 3"?
If you are not in your Tier, your ship is equipped with an item from a higher Tier, you must remove it to continue playing on your desired Tier.